[OmniOS-discuss] Python and Kerberos libraries

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Jun 9 02:45:57 UTC 2016

No, it's trying to use krb5-config options available under MIT kerberos that
don't exist under illumos kerberos. You will note the illumos variant, shown
second, is a bit sparse 8-/. I will say for the third time and then give up,
he should probably just install from pkgsrc :).

$ krb5-config --help
Usage: /usr/bin/krb5-config [OPTIONS] [LIBRARIES]
        [--help]          Help
        [--all]           Display version, vendor, and various values
        [--version]       Version information
        [--vendor]        Vendor information
        [--prefix]        Kerberos installed prefix
        [--exec-prefix]   Kerberos installed exec_prefix
        [--defccname]     Show built-in default ccache name
        [--defktname]     Show built-in default keytab name
        [--defcktname]    Show built-in default client keytab name
        [--cflags]        Compile time CFLAGS
        [--libs]          List libraries required to link [LIBRARIES]
Libraries:
        krb5              Kerberos 5 application
        gssapi            GSSAPI application with Kerberos 5 bindings
        gssrpc            GSSAPI RPC application
        kadm-client       Kadmin client
        kadm-server       Kadmin server
        kdb               Application that accesses the kerberos database