[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS as home serwer (NAT, private projects)

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Sun Jun 12 16:41:10 UTC 2016

See here for starters:

http://kebesays.blogspot.com/2014/06/home-data-center-20-dogfooding-again.html?m=1

I use NFS for my home filing because I'm a Mac household.  I use the built-in SMB for a destination drop for my network scanner/printer.

The biggest weakness I feel my setup has is ipfilter, because it's old, has some NAT bugs that nobody's had cycles to debug and fix.

Your app set is a bit more than mine. You can run Linux as a KVM on OmniOS, but HOPEFULLY in the next year LX zones will become an alternative.

I've recently added a Python-based caldav server that, modulo Python flaws that I can work around using a cron job, pstack(1), and SMF, works well.

Hope this helps, (and pardon the top post)
Dan

Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)