[OmniOS-discuss] CD Mounting

Alexander alexander.r.eremin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:54:26 UTC 2016

Hello Josh,

on the installed OmniOS you can get CD device name using iostat -En output (look for CD,CDRW, etc) and
then mount it using that name + s0:

mount -F hsfs /dev/dsk/c2t1d0s0 /media

While installing, OmniOS use mount_media utility  from the system/install/media/internal package.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Alexander

On 13 June 2016 at 20:34:26, Bob Friesenhahn (bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us) wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016, Josh Barton wrote:

> How do I find the right device to mount a cd, I have found that working with hardware like CD/USB drives isn't well documented in the case of OmniOS. Or perhaps I simply don't know the right place to go.
> I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I would have said 'rmformat -l' but I am not seeing that rmformat is
installed on my OmniOS system.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn