[OmniOS-discuss] Can't get omnios installer to boot under Xen4.4

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Thu Jun 16 09:20:54 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to get OmniOS <insert release here ;) > to run as a guest
under Xen4.4. The issue I have, is that the installer kernel seems to
boot, but then it just sits there doing actually nothing. I  have tried
a couple of releases r016 to bloody, but none will advance more than
that stage.

I have also tried HVM and HVMPV, but that didn't make a change as well.
Anyone there, who has successfully done that? Is there some magic I can
add to the vm.cfg file to get the installer running? I can successfully
run Solaris11 as a guest, but not OmniOS… and I do want OmniOS, that's
for sure. ;)

Any hints, suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephan