[OmniOS-discuss] OpenStack

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Thu Jun 30 11:07:14 UTC 2016

> I tried install Cinder on OmniOS and i seems possible. But, if I'm
> understand that right, I'm missing Cinder ZFS driver on OmniOS to get that
> fully working.

Exactly.

Oracle has ported OpenStack to Solaris. They have released the source
of their modifications, drivers, etc. under the Apache License 2.0:

  # cat openstack/cinder/files/solaris/zfs.py
  # vim: tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 softtabstop=4
  # Copyright (c) 2012 OpenStack LLC.
  # All Rights Reserved.
  #
  # Copyright (c) 2014, 2016, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
  #
  #    Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may
  #    not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain
  #    a copy of the License at
  #
  #         http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  #
  #    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
  #    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT
  #    WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
  #    License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations
  #    under the License.
  """
  Drivers for Solaris ZFS operations in local and iSCSI modes
  """
   :
   :

So you can have a look at that and see if you can get it to work.

You can find it here:

  https://java.net/projects/solaris-userland/sources/gate/show/components/openstack

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"