[OmniOS-discuss] CIFS ignores TCP Buffer Settings

Mini Trader miniflowtrader at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:51:32 UTC 2016

Simple example.

1 Server 1 client.

Restart service everything is fast.  A few hours later from same client
(nothing happening concurrently) speed is slow.  Restart service again,
speed is fast.

Its like CIFS starts off fast than somehow for whatever reason if it is not
used, the connection for my CIFS drives to the server becomes slow.  Also
this only happens when the client is downloading.  Not when uploading to
the server that is always fast.