[OmniOS-discuss] RSF-1/ZFS panics node when offlining one iSCSI storage mirror

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Mon Mar 14 13:14:31 UTC 2016

about iscsiadm modify initiator-node -T conn-login-max=60

You can set lower values but tuning settings depend on rsp-timeout and
login-delay
so you must set seqentially or together.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36784_01/html/E36836/iscsi-19.html

ps
If you use napp-it pro (16.03 dev), I have added initiator tuning as a
menu under Comstar > Initiator > Settings

Gea

Am 07.03.2016 um 18:51 schrieb Stephan Budach:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Am 07.03.16 um 15:41 schrieb Dan McDonald:
>>> On Mar 6, 2016, at 9:44 AM, Stephan Budach <stephan.budach at JVM.DE>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> when I noted that one node would panic,
>> AS A RULE -- if you have an OmniOS box panic, you should save off the
>> corefile (vmdump.N) and be able to share it with the list.  I
>> understand this may be an RSF-1 panic, BUT if it's not, it'd be nice
>> to know.
>>
>> You can upload it to uploads.omniti.com if you wish, just request an
>> upload token.
>>
>> Dan
>>
> thanks - I will keep that in mind and I actually had a core dump
> available, but since I was testing around, I didn't mean to occupy
> anyone's time more than absolutely necessary and so I dumoed them.
> Speaking of that incident, I have lowered the iSCSI connection timeout
> to 60s, which seems to be the lowest value supported by issueing a
>
> iscsiadm modify initiator-node -T conn-login-max=60
>
> and afterwards I used stmfadm offline target on the storage node to
> cut the target off. This time, the initiator timed out after 60s and
> that particular zpool changed it's status to degraded without anything
> happening. I still have to test that under load, but I will probably
> push that to next weekend.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephan

H          f   G