[OmniOS-discuss] recovering deleted files from ZFS?

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Mon Mar 14 17:41:38 UTC 2016

All,
    Thought I try asking this question on this forum.  In light of no
snapshots, is there a way in ZFS to recover a recently deleted file?  We
do nightly backups, but this would be a file that was deleted before the
coming daily backup.  Does anyone know if there is a service that can do
file recoveries from ZFS?

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'