[OmniOS-discuss] File Permissions and ACLs

Steven Ford sford123 at ibbr.umd.edu
Wed Mar 16 18:57:36 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

I was recently working through a problem where my CIFS share was unseen
after moving a ZFS file system from OpenIndiana to OmniOS. I found the
issue was with the file permissions.

My ZFS file system is called data, in a pool called zpool. On the old
server, the permissions on /zpool/data were:

d---------+821 Administrators at BUILTIN 2147483650     823 Mar  4 14:52 data
    group:Domain Users at DOMAIN:r-x---a-R-c--s:-------:allow

This was sufficient to allow users to see the share, however, on OmniOS I
had to chmod 555 before the share was visible.

So I'm left wondering why this worked in OpenIndiana, but not in OmniOS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve