[OmniOS-discuss] Windows 7 Guest KVM

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Mar 17 17:19:22 UTC 2016

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016, Miami Kelvin wrote:

> I am connecting to the right port, in my case 5965, if I attempt to connect to any other port VNC would give an error message. But
> when I connect to IP:5965 VNC makes a connection the the window just disappears, so I thought it would be a problem with VGA
> support.

What VNC client are you using?  There seem to be quite a lot of them
now.  Some VNC clients might not interoperate correctly since they
rely on RFB protocol extensions, or the server might require an
extension.

I suggest doing 'telnet hostname 5965' and see if you get the expected
RFB challenge prompt (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_protocol).

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn