[OmniOS-discuss] supermicro 3U all-in one storage system

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Sat Mar 19 20:28:38 UTC 2016

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 4:12 PM, Geoff Nordli <geoffn at gnaa.net> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I have had good luck with the SuperStorage 6037R-E1R16L chassis with the LSI 2308 IT mode HBA.

We have several similar servers. The X10DRH is fine. For a non-HA system, single expander backplane
is ok (BPN-SAS3-836EL1).

> Thoughts on the http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/3U/6038/SSG-6038R-E1CR16L.cfm. It has the LSI 3008 HBA and Intel x540 network cards.

We have many variants of these parts. All work fine.

> I want to get at least 4TB 3.5" SAS drives.  Any suggestions on those?

HGST or Seagate 4TB both seem to work fine. For Seagate, you'll want firmware 0004 or later,
but that should be all that is in the supply chain for the past year. I avoid WD.
 -- richard