[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Qlogic HBA

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Mon Mar 28 09:44:07 UTC 2016

Hi!

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: "omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com" <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Från: "T. Wiese, OVIS IT Consulting GmbH"
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2016-03-28 08:51
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] Qlogic HBA

Hello,
does anyone had a working setup with 8GB FC HBA from QLOGIC ( like qle2564 ) or EMULEX (LPE-12002)?
Thanks
Thomas

WHat is it you want to know? Is it on the target side or the client side? I have set up several environments with 8 Gbis FC, all on Qlogic. I also have a showroom with an OmniOS built SAN and several hosts, but there I run 4 Gbit, but I don't really see the difference.

There was a discussion here on this list last yr about 8 Gbit FC and problems with multipath/too many paths access to the LU. I don't remember the outcome of that discussion, though. Probably to limit the number of paths to a LU.

Rgrds Johan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Wiese
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter

OVIS IT Consulting GmbH
Arnulfstraße 95, 12105 Berlin

Tel.:  030 - 2201206 01
Fax:   030 - 2201206 30

https://www.ovis-consulting.de

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Wiese
Handelsregister: Berlin - Charlottenburg, HRB 155424B
UST-IdNr.: DE293333139