[OmniOS-discuss] isc dhcp server in a zone with crossbow vnic's

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Wed Mar 30 10:05:26 UTC 2016

Hi!

I've started a development process where I need a dhcp server in a zone, and I thought I try the new(for omnios) isc dhcp.

I found that Alex McWhirter wrote an artikel on Linkedin about the inability of isc dhcp to use the crossbow vnic's...? Is this true? That was in dec 2014...

Another thing:

Does someone know where to put the interface information? I mean which interfaces that the dhcp server should listen on(and obviously NOT listen on the others). In Linux you don't set that in dhcpd.conf, but in /etc/default/isc-dhcp-server, which is not present in omnios. Or should it be present?

Best regards from/Med vänliga hälsningar från

Johan Kragsterman

Capvert