[OmniOS-discuss] UPDATES for git and OpenSSH now available

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:40:51 UTC 2016

Dan,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> > On Mar 29, 2016, at 11:57 AM, Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > A fresh install of recently-minted 014 or later WILL install openssh by
> default.  If you have an existing install with SunSSH, that'll stick.
> >
> > Well I'm confused now. I've just installed some 151014 systems from the
> latest
> > USB image (latest as of last week), and I appear to have:
> >
> > # pkg list | grep ssh
> > network/openssh                                   7.2.2-0.151014
>      i--
> > service/network/ssh                               0.5.11-0.151014
>     i--
> >
> > In other words, it looks like the openssh client and the sunssh server.
> >
> > Is this intentional? It looks like an odd mix to me, and you end up
> missing
> > things like /etc/ssh/moduli
>
> I am aware of the USB/ISO problem.  Something vague in the distro_const
> script is happening.  As I'm ramping up 018, I'll fix it there, and make
> sure 014 gets the same fix.
>
> You should uninstall the SunSSH server and install the openssh server
> simultaneously.

Or go back to SunSSH for everything. Which is consistent, and known to work
with
the sshd_config we push via puppet (and the rest of our setup). While I
would much
prefer to use openssh (and there's nothing in terms of functionality that
would keep
us on sunssh) the differences in packaging and configuration files have
been giving
me a bit of trouble, so I'm taking the easy way out, at least in the short
term.

--
-Peter Tribble