[OmniOS-discuss] isc dhcp server in a zone with crossbow vnic's

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Mar 30 15:28:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016, Dan McDonald wrote:

> Try setting the listen_ifnames property with svccfg(1M).  If the
> property change worked (and you should be able to tell with "pargs
> `pgrep dhcpd`" if it has), then see if it behaves like you wish.
> You could also create a "DHCP server" zone and dedicate a single
> vnic (configured over a NIC you want) to it as well.

Are there any zone limitations (networking or zone initialization
ordering) which would prevent a "DHCP server" zone from providing DHCP
services for other zones on the same system which use dhcp to
configure their interfaces?  That is my current situation.  Some zones
are nailed down with static assignments while others (used for more
transient purposes) use DHCP to get their configuration.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn