[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Continuing zone shutdown issues with r151016

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Wed Mar 30 16:42:05 UTC 2016

Hi!

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com
Från: Bob Friesenhahn
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2016-03-30 18:20
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] Continuing zone shutdown issues with r151016

Previously I reported zone shutdown issues (zoneadm -z foo shutdown)
with OmniOS v11 r151016 (now at omnios-33c53a8).  I learned that I am
not the only one encountering this issue.

For my last update cycle I shut the zones down in a loop (to
prepare for the update) and observed
that a couple of the zones encountered the problem.  The loop hung due
to the shutdown handing.

Does the forthcoming r151018 somehow solve this problem?

This problem makes it difficult to administer the system and would
seem to be quite perilous for any type of zone which persistent data
which needs to be commited to disk (e.g. a database).

Thanks,

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn

I've noticed that too(same omnios version) when I try to shut them down from the "outside". Though from the inside(init 0) it works all the time.

Rgrds Johan