[OmniOS-discuss] KVM problem with latest r151018

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon May 16 14:39:36 UTC 2016

> On May 16, 2016, at 10:17 AM, Hsin-an Chen <chen.hsinan2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry to send out this email again. Does anyone have same KVM problem in omniOS? Or most of you are using it as NAS server not virtualization? I can install ubuntu linux without any problem.

Your FreeBSD ISO is throwing EIO errors at your KVM.  You said you can install ubuntu under this w/o any problems, right?  Also, does the ubuntu disk show up as a CD or DVD?  The FreeBSD error messages you showed seemed to indicate DVD.

Can you try an alternate FreeBSD ISO (earlier or later version) just in case the specific ISO is causing the problems?