[OmniOS-discuss] ixgbe: breaking aggr on 10GbE X540-T2

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Tue May 17 12:30:00 UTC 2016

Am 11.05.16 um 19:28 schrieb Dale Ghent:
>> On May 11, 2016, at 12:32 PM, Stephan Budach <stephan.budach at JVM.DE> wrote:
>> I will try to get one node free of all services running on it, as I will have to reboot the system, since I will have to change the ixgbe.conf, haven't I?
>> This is a RSF-1 host, so this will likely be done over the weekend.
> You can use dladm on a live system:
>
> dladm set-linkprop -p flowctrl=no ixgbeN
>
> Where ixgbeN is your ixgbe interfaces (probably ixgbe0 and ixgbe1)
>
> /dale

I have checked all of my ixgbe interfaces and they all report that now
flow controll is in place, as you can see:

root at zfsha01colt:/root# dladm show-linkprop -p flowctrl ixgbe0
LINK         PROPERTY        PERM VALUE DEFAULT        POSSIBLE
ixgbe0       flowctrl        rw   no no             no,tx,rx,bi
root at zfsha01colt:/root# dladm show-linkprop -p flowctrl ixgbe1
LINK         PROPERTY        PERM VALUE DEFAULT        POSSIBLE
ixgbe1       flowctrl        rw   no no             no,tx,rx,bi
root at zfsha01colt:/root# dladm show-linkprop -p flowctrl ixgbe2
LINK         PROPERTY        PERM VALUE DEFAULT        POSSIBLE
ixgbe2       flowctrl        rw   no no             no,tx,rx,bi
root at zfsha01colt:/root# dladm show-linkprop -p flowctrl ixgbe3
LINK         PROPERTY        PERM VALUE DEFAULT        POSSIBLE
ixgbe3       flowctrl        rw   no no             no,tx,rx,bi

I then checked the ports on the Nexus switches and found out, that they
do have outbound-flowcontrol enabled, but that is the case on any of
those Nexus ports, including those, where this issue doesn't exist.

Regards,
Stephan