[OmniOS-discuss] LSI3108

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Mon May 23 20:50:28 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
> And if you do, make sure it's version 19 or lower.  The IT firmware > 19 is known to be flaky.  Check the illumos list archives for details on why.

We may want to revisit that advice-- I've noticed that LSI/Avago have
revised v20 firmware several times, presumably to fix bugs.  Their
support downloads currently show "20.00.07.00" available for download.
I haven't had a chance to try that one yet, but I do have some dev
systems running 20.00.04.00 without any apparent issues.  These are
direct-attach configurations, i.e. no expanders.

Eric