[OmniOS-discuss] stmfadm add-hg-member -F -g cluster1 wwn.2100001B321EDFB9

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Sat Sep 3 11:57:30 UTC 2016

You can control access and visibility of LUNs either based on Initiators
(host groups), targets (target groups), network links (target portal
groups) or views that make a logical unit visible in a target. Every
solution works with a different use case idea.

In napp-it I am currently working on full appliance redundancy with
Z-Raid pool mirroring over iSCSI for a storage and service failover
cluster.  I have played with the solutions above but in the end I
decided to use none of them but use manual target discovery with
switchable IP aliases for iSCSI targets to restrict and switchover LUNs
and for NFS/SMB failover between the active master storage appliance and
the slave. The reason was simplicity and that this works on a lower
level that does not rely to Comstar timings and delays.

Gea