[OmniOS-discuss] Network throughout 1GB/sec

Davide Poletto davide.poletto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:40:04 UTC 2016

Hope not be wrong here but Port Trunking usage deserves its part in the
whole picture too: be aware that using Port Trunking (with LACP as per IEEE
802.3ad) between your Servers' NIC and your 10Gb Switching infrastructure -
and this happens by aggregating "n" identical ports together on both link's
ends, as you wrote - doesn't consequently mean that your
"one-Host-to-one-Host" generated traffic will be able to use and will be
able to saturate all those "n" 10Gb based links concurrently...