[OmniOS-discuss] upgrading to r151018 -- conflicting actions

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Wed Sep 21 20:36:37 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-21 11:50 AM, Dan McDonald wrote:
>> On Sep 21, 2016, at 2:40 PM, Geoff Nordli<geoffn at gnaa.net>  wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> When I try to upgrade to r151018 from r151016 it can't complete.
>>
>> #pkg update
>> Creating Plan (Checking for conflicting actions): /
>> pkg update: The following packages deliver conflicting action types to usr/share/man/man4/ssh_config.4:
>>
>>   link:
>> pkg://omnios/service/network/ssh-common@0.5.11,5.11-0.151018:20160603T032215Z
>>   file:
>> pkg://omnios/network/openssh@7.2.2,5.11-0.151018:20160412T153954Z
>>
>> These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
>> be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.
>>
>> The following packages all deliver file actions to etc/ssh/ssh_config:
>>
>> pkg://omnios/network/openssh@7.2.2,5.11-0.151018:20160412T153954Z
>> pkg://omnios/service/network/ssh-common@0.5.11,5.11-0.151018:20160603T032215Z
>>
>> These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
>> be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.
> Add these flags to the 'pkg upgrade' command:
>
> 	--reject network/ssh-common --reject service/network/ssh --reject omnios/network/ssh --reject ssh/ssh-key
>
> which will convert you from SunSSH to OpenSSH (which is good, because SunSSH goes away after r151018).
>
> Dan

thanks Dan.

This command did the trick:

  pkg update --reject network/ssh-common --reject service/network/ssh
--reject ssh/ssh-key

I couldn't do the

--reject network/ssh-common --reject service/network/ssh --reject omnios/network/ssh --reject ssh/ssh-key

pkg update: The following pattern(s) did not match any allowable
packages.  Try
using a different matching pattern, or refreshing publisher information:

         omnios/network/ssh