[OmniOS-discuss] How can I increase the number of file descriptors for the apache service

Richard Skelton skeltonr at btconnect.com
Thu Sep 22 19:42:53 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have installed the apache22 package from ms.omniti.com and enabled the
service included.
I now fined the httpd has only 256 file descriptors.
plimit 1188
1188:   /opt/apache22/bin/amd64/httpd -f /opt/apache22/conf/httpd.conf
-k star
   resource              current         maximum
  time(seconds)         unlimited       unlimited
  file(blocks)          unlimited       unlimited
  data(kbytes)          unlimited       unlimited
  stack(kbytes)         10240           unlimited
  coredump(blocks)      unlimited       unlimited
  nofiles(descriptors)  256             65536
  vmemory(kbytes)       unlimited       unlimited

The service starts httpd :-
/opt/apache22/bin/httpd -f /opt/apache22/conf/httpd.conf -k start
Found that by running :-
svccfg -s svc:/network/http:apache22 listprop start/exec
start/exec  astring  "/opt/apache22/bin/httpd -f
/opt/apache22/conf/httpd.conf -k start"

How do I set the file descriptors to 1024?

Cheers
Richard