[OmniOS-discuss] Reversed All-In-One

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Sun Sep 25 19:34:51 UTC 2016

> On Sep 25, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Paul Jochum <paul.jochum at nokia.com> wrote:
>

>    As to your 2nd qustion, about having good info on how to create a custom lx image, I have used the following for smartOS: https://github.com/joyent/centos-lx-brand-image-builder
>    (I am not sure how closely OmniOS tracks the smartOS lx branded zones, but wanted to pass it along in case it helps).  There are more links (in case you don't want to use centos as the base at:
> https://wiki.smartos.org/display/DOC/LX+Branded+Zones#LXBrandedZones-Creatingyourownzonedataset

The LX Beta for OmniOS (r151020 will have LX Beta in it) has its install script capable of ZFS send streams (-s with an absolute pathname) or ZFS snapshots-or-datasets (-s using a zfs dataset name), or tarballs (-t).  The -s data was intended to be used with either SmartOS compressed ZFS send streams or datasets managed by SmartOS's imgadm(1M) command.