[OmniOS-discuss] extended attributes in LX zone

Michael Talbott mtalbott at lji.org
Fri Sep 30 21:30:21 UTC 2016

So I've hit a bit of a brick wall in my testing to get BeeGFS working in an LX zone :( The metadata server needs extended attributes. I know zfs has a different implementation of EAs, but they are there.. So.. Is it possible for an LX zone to somehow use them with native linux tools like getfattr, setfattr, etc? I tried adding xattr and user_xattr to the zone's fstab file hoping just maybe it was that simple, but, no dice. Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael