[OmniOS-discuss] Encryption options

Machine Man gearboxes at outlook.com
Thu Aug 3 15:50:32 UTC 2017

Currently I have a few of deployments of OmniOS at remote sites hosing 2 - 7 VMs per site and replicate snapshots of the VMs to a central server at a hosting location.
My customers are starting to get pressure that the local and backup data is not encrypted at rest and its becoming critical for them to take on new clients.

I know lofi is an option, but I don't know how replicating incremental snapshots is going to work and also it looks like I will have to switch to files for the VMs instead of using block volumes.

Does KVM on IllumOS support TPM? I also cant really find any info on this. I dont use ZFS dedup and have no plans really either.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from Windows Mail