[OmniOS-discuss] new boot environment

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Aug 21 08:42:07 UTC 2017

On August 21, 2017 2:24:53 AM GMT+02:00, Dan McDonald <danmcd at kebe.com> wrote:
>"beadm create newBEname"
>
>Read the beadm(1M) man page for more details.
>
>Dan
>
>Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)
>
>> On Aug 20, 2017, at 7:02 PM, Fábio Rabelo <fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br>
>wrote:
>>
>> Hi to all
>>
>> There are a way to force the creation of a new boot environment ?
>>

>> Thanks in advance
>>

>> Fábio Rabelo

Also if you need it in conjunction with installation of packages, see `pkg install --require-new-be --be-name myNewBE pkgnames...`

And then you have to reboot into that BE.

Also there are backup BEs in the command, where it clones off to freeze the current state, and then changes the "live" current state (assuming packages not requiring a reboot).

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android