[OmniOS-discuss] failure in set-publisher for a zone to the new omniosce repository

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Fri Aug 25 13:47:41 UTC 2017

What is the trust-anchor-directory property set to on the image root?

% pkg property trust-anchor-directory
PROPERTY               VALUE
trust-anchor-directory etc/ssl/pkg

(or pkg -R /rpool/zones/lss-ganglia02/root property)

Andy

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017, Paul Jochum wrote:

; Hi John and Andy:
;
;     I tried it from the host, and received the same error message (output
; below).  I know the host has internet connectivity, since I was able to use
; nearly the same command (without the -R option of the zone name/path), to set
; the publisher on the host.  In the example below, the wget command copies the
; new cert to *.pem.1, (since I had previously used wget to set-publisher on the
; host), and that file is identical to the omniosce-ca.cert.pem file I used to
; set-publisher on the host.
;
; # zoneadm list -cv
;   ID NAME             STATUS     PATH BRAND    IP
;    0 global           running    / ipkg     shared
;    1 lss-ganglia02    running    /rpool/zones/lss-ganglia02 lipkg    shared
; # zoneadm -z lss-ganglia02 halt
; # zoneadm -z lss-ganglia02 detach
; # /usr/bin/wget -P /etc/ssl/pkg
; https://downloads.omniosce.org/ssl/omniosce-ca.cert.pem
; --2017-08-25 08:19:59--
; https://downloads.omniosce.org/ssl/omniosce-ca.cert.pem
; <proxy info removed>
; Length: 2175 (2.1K) [application/x-x509-ca-cert]
; Saving to: '/etc/ssl/pkg/omniosce-ca.cert.pem.1'
;
; omniosce-ca.cert.pe 100%[===================>]   2.12K --.-KB/s    in 0s
;
; 2017-08-25 08:20:00 (209 MB/s) - '/etc/ssl/pkg/omniosce-ca.cert.pem.1' saved
; [2175/2175]
;
; # /usr/bin/pkg -R /rpool/zones/lss-ganglia02/root set-publisher -P -g
; https://pkg.omniosce.org/r151022/core/ omnios
; pkg set-publisher: The origin URIs for 'omnios' do not appear to point to a
; valid pkg repository.
; Please verify the repository's location and the client's network
; configuration.
; Additional details:
;
; Unable to contact valid package repository
; Encountered the following error(s):
; Unable to contact any configured publishers.
; This is likely a network configuration problem.
; Unable to locate a CA directory: /etc/openssl/certs
; Secure connection is not available.
;
; Thanks,
; Paul