[OmniOS-discuss] sendmail+SASL

John D Groenveld jdg117 at elvis.arl.psu.edu
Wed Aug 30 01:30:41 UTC 2017

In message <alpine.GSO.2.20.1708291241000.12310 at scrappy.simplesystems.org>, Bob Friesenhahn writes:
>Please let us know what you learn about running sendmail+libsasl on
>OmniOS.  I am very interested in accomplishing this as well.  In

I hoped sendmail was simply corrupting the username and password on
its way to libsasl, but that's not case.

illumos libsasl doesn't support shadow(4) and the login.so and plain.so auxprop
plugins don't seem to actually do anything with checkpass, though maybe
I'm missing another callback.

It looks like the sendmail + Cyrus SASL replacement is the only
route:
<URL:http://notallmicrosoft.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/solaris-11-setting-up-sendmail-sasl-to.html>

John
groenveld at acm.org