[OmniOS-discuss] MPT SAS Update

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Feb 20 15:51:18 UTC 2017

> On Feb 19, 2017, at 9:13 PM, Michael Talbott <mtalbott at lji.org> wrote:
>

> After some googling I found this which I thiiiink seems to have addressed the underlying issue:
> https://www.illumos.org/issues/5698
> via this commit:
> https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/2482ae1b96a558eec551575934d5f06c87b807af

Very recently pushed into illumos (January 30th).

> I'm not very familiar with the Illumos build system, so I was hoping someone could give me a pointer as to how I could just build this updated mpt_sas driver (can I just build it alone or do I have to build the entire system?).

You'd clone illumos-omnios, to the branch of your release (r151020), patch it with the commit ("git cherry-pick 2482ae1b96a558eec551575934d5f06c87b807af" is your friend here), and run /opt/onbld/bin/nightly using a copy of /opt/onbld/env/omnios-illumos-omnios with paths pointing at your clone.  Once built, you'd replace (in a separate boot environment for safety) /kernel/drv/amd64/mpt_sas with the new mpt_sas in .../usr/src/uts/intel/mpt_sas/obj64/mpt_sas.

> Of course if that pull could be released as an OmniOS update, that'd be even better ;)

This one is probably a good backport candidate.  Given our next release is our next LTS, however, I'm not sure I'll be backporting it to r151014.

I did notice that this commit is the only change between r151020 and current bloody.  Would you like to volunteer to test this change being backported into r151020?  I can build you a replacement mpt_sas module relatively quickly.