[OmniOS-discuss] No boot after pkg update

Mon Feb 20 18:11:38 UTC 2017

Hi List,

after a pkg update to get the latest r151014 changes (which required a reboot) the supermicro server failed to boot with error [1]:

failed to get ramdisk from boot

Next I tried to boot from an older BEs. This failed too, but with another error [2]:

null path
krtld: failed to open ''

Now I tried to create a new boot-archive with the help of an r151014 live-cd [3]:

zpool import -f rpool
beadm mount my_be /a
mv /a/platform/i86pc/boot_archive /a/platform/i86pc/boot_archive.bak
mv /a/platform/i86pc/amd64/boot_archive /a/platform/i86pc/amd64/boot_archive.bak
bootadm update-archive -v -R /a
zpool export -f rpool
init 6

But the boot failed with the same error [2]:

null path
krtld: failed to open ''

Does anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Best regards
Stefan

Screenshots of all errors could be found here:

[1] https://owncloud-002.qutic.com/index.php/s/dDODdEXmS1ebWwC
[2] https://owncloud-002.qutic.com/index.php/s/Oy2YfKyZcgfFhcl
[3] https://owncloud-002.qutic.com/index.php/s/4z2j5Od6s5YtxbG