[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS on H110

Daniil V. Landau daniil.landau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:15:35 UTC 2017

Hi!

I'm trying to upgrade my home OmniOS server with ASUS H110I-Plus
motherboard.
Already understood that it was not a best choice, but still trying.

Are there any information or experience  concerning Illumos/OmniOS
compatibility with Intel H110 chipset?

At this time I try to boot this system with install OmniOS media (USB and
SATA-attached CD). Every time I try to boot the system freezes after kernel
header appeared. If I boot the kernel with -v option I see that kernel
freezes after the following message:

root on /ramdisk:a fstype ufs

What could be the cause of this problem?

And one more question: what miniITX motherboard could be recommended for
OmniOS?

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

Daniil