[OmniOS-discuss] New SAN deployment HBA recommendations

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jan 4 20:18:42 UTC 2017

> On Jan 4, 2017, at 3:02 PM, John Barfield <john.barfield at bissinc.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I’m designing a new ZFS SAN and I’m wondering if anyone knows the latest greatest supported HBA that I should use for external JBOD’s.
>
> We have tons of SAN’s in production using LSI HBAs today but I’m wondering if there is anything new out there that I’m missing or not aware of yet.

Are you using LSI 9300 series (driven by the 3008 chipset) yet?  That's the latest from the world of LSI.  Those are fairly recent (last 3-4 years), and many still use the 2008 chipset or 2208 chipset.

There are parts currently just-in-SmartOS that may be getting upstreamed soon as well.

You may be better off asking this question on the illumos developers' list, to see what the latest/greatest in supported HBA HW is.