[OmniOS-discuss] device probe related command timeouts

John Barfield john.barfield at bissinc.com
Wed Jan 4 20:29:43 UTC 2017

Greetings again,

I’ve got a SAN that seems to be timing out on any hardware probing commands such as “format” or “diskinfo” although prtconf seems to work.

Fmadm faulty shows a bad fan in the MD1200 JBOD that is connected and that is all.

I’m trying to nail down the root but I’m hitting a brick wall. Prstat, iostat all seem to be showing normal activity on all of the disks.

Does anyone happen to have a dtrace one liner or maybe kstat command I can run to see why/what they’re hanging on?

We’ve been experiencing some intermittent storage related freezes on the system (ESXi hosts) and I can’t seem to get very to close to the source…wondering if this is related.

Have a great day!

John Barfield
M: +1 (214) 425-0783  O: +1 (214) 506-8354
john.barfield at bissinc.com<mailto:john.barfield at bissinc.com>

[cid:image001.png at 01D26696.FD87AAE0]
4925 Greenville Ave, Ste 900
Dallas, TX 75206