[OmniOS-discuss] New SAN deployment HBA recommendations

John Barfield john.barfield at bissinc.com
Wed Jan 4 20:35:33 UTC 2017

We will definitely use the latest omnios after everything is ordered.

Are you suggesting that I buy a 9300 series or simply stating that we can move to that series soon in the future?

I am looking to start purchasing and building immediately. What is the release timeline for 151022?

On 1/4/17, 2:31 PM, "Dan McDonald" <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

    > On Jan 4, 2017, at 3:21 PM, John Barfield <john.barfield at bissinc.com> wrote:
    >
    > I was specifically wondering what is supported in the latest OmniOS release, but I suppose youre suggesting that I could backport an illumos driver from the latest build into ominos?
    >
    > OmniOS is the distro I use for SAN deployments. I use SmartOS for hypervisors.

    Ahh, okay.

    Everything HBA-wise in illumos-gate is already in OmniOS r151020.

    I was projecting forward for you, in case you were gauging future HW purchases (and the upcoming OmniOS r151022, which is ALSO our next LTS).