[OmniOS-discuss] LX Zones - Password for Canned SmartOS Images

Dale Ghent daleg at omniti.com
Thu Jan 5 15:41:32 UTC 2017

As someone else already said - there's no root password on these images and you need to use zlogin to get a "console" root prompt.

General thing is, is that these images are essentially what you would download directly from Ubuntu or CentOS/Redhat, but with some specific tweaks to make them jive better with LX Zones. Other than those tweaks, using them is no different from using their official ISO on bare metal, so their distro-specific documentation picks up from that point.

/dale