[OmniOS-discuss] LX Program Issue

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jan 9 16:58:02 UTC 2017

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 11:25 AM, Mini Trader <miniflowtrader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a program that is behaving differently in an LX environment. Specifically something about permission issues. I've corresponded with the author and they believe the issue could take place if the system was falsely reporting the status of a file e.g. file open instead of closed.
>
> Regardless issue does not happen if running Debian on VMware.
>
> What would be the appropriate route to go to report this bug?

Good question.

The primary maintainers of LX are all at Joyent.  Yet now LX has spread beyond just SmartOS/illumos-joyent.

First off:  Can you reduce your program (mis)behavior to a simple test case?  If so, that'll be easier regardless of where you report it.

I'm Bcc:ing some SmartOS people, who can either jump in here or tell me & you privately what they think the best course of action is.

Thanks,