[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody users --> anyone have the install tools installed?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jan 9 17:10:57 UTC 2017

Hello!

We're moving forward with our removal of Python2.6 from OmniOS.  Internal tests show that the ability to upgrade appears to work, even when some installable components aren't using Python2.7 yet. These components are all part of the installer packages:

system/install                                    0.5.11-0.151021            i--
system/install/configuration                      0.5.11-0.151021            i--
system/library/install                            0.5.11-0.151021            i--
install/distribution-constructor                  0.5.11-0.151021            i--

I hope to have updated bloody bits out this week, but they will not included updated installer packages (this also means no ISO for this update).

I don't see any good reason to hold up moving forward, but can be convinced with a VERY persuasive argument.  Otherwise, consider this a warning email.

Thanks,