[OmniOS-discuss] Network >10Gb/s

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Tue Jan 10 14:18:56 UTC 2017

When I had it in production, I used SolarFlare for 10g (but not 40). I'm
contributing this in case it helps..SolarFlare open sourced the code and
contributed it and there have been a couple of posts to this list in the
past with the updated stuff. (I contributed some fixes for add_drv). It
worked very well. With the right workload, I could definitely nearly
saturate the NIC (e.g. very large files streaming). say 85%+
utilization. I have not tried 40Gb.