[OmniOS-discuss] LX Zones and UID Mapping on LOFS Mounts

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Wed Jan 11 17:27:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

"Mini Trader" <miniflowtrader at gmail.com> írta 2017-01-10 18:49-kor:
> Currently the UID Mapping between the host (OmniOS) and my zone (Linux) is
> based purely on UID.  Obviously the UID's on my Linux zone are going to be
> very different from my OmniOS setup.
>
> Is there any NFS4 IDMAPD concept available here?  e.g. nobody/nogroup for
> unrecognized users and groups or mapping from a numerical id to user?

I think, the power of lofs, that it doesn't do translations, etc. like nfs
does.
This behaviour doesn't depend on if the zone is an lx zone, or a solarish
one.
If you have a dataset what you want to use in multiple zones at the same
time, then it's your responsibility to keep the same uid set in all of them.

And that's also not an impossible thing: you can use yp or ldap for this
purpose. Whatever is your favourite.

Cheers,
Gyu