[OmniOS-discuss] svcs -Z should ignore LX zones

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Jan 20 01:31:28 UTC 2017

> On Jan 19, 2017, at 8:19 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for finding this, we should fix it before 022 ships, if not sooner,

Don't quite have the precise line numbers, but this:

        if (scf_handle_bind(h) == -1) {
                if (g_zonename != NULL) {
-                       uu_warn(gettext("Could not bind to repository "
+                       if (show_zones)
+                               goto nextzone;
+
+                       uu_die(gettext("Could not bind to repository "
                            "server for zone %s: %s\n"), g_zonename,
                            scf_strerror(scf_error()));
-
-                       if (!show_zones)
-                               return (UU_EXIT_FATAL);
-
-                       goto nextzone;
                }

is a bit from SmartOS that appears to mitigate your problem, at the cost of skipping over a native zone with an SMF problem.  You can, however, target those with "svcs -z <problem>".

I'll see if I can build it tomorrow.  I'm in the middle of another Joyent merge, so I can't until tomorrow.