[OmniOS-discuss] flowadm stats

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Jan 20 20:16:15 UTC 2017

> On Jan 20, 2017, at 3:14 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 20, 2017, at 2:36 PM, Michael Talbott <mtalbott at lji.org> wrote:
>>
>> Are there any other ways to monitor traffic on a per port/protocol level basis? Or would digging out a previous versions binary work? I know dladm can show usage on per-interface, but, I'd like to see if flowadm is actually doing what it is supposed to be doing with a few simple rules I gave it (which are priority based, not maxbw).
>>

> The undocumented flowstat may do what you want.
>
> You specify a flow with flowadm(1M) and then you use flowstat to monitor that flow.
>
> The commit mentioned in 7210 goes back to the OpenSolaris days.  The commit in question introduces both dlstat and flowstat, both of which are undocumented, but may be the better-encapsulated features that you desire.

bloody(cmd/flowadm)[1]% flowstat --help
bloody(cmd/flowadm)[0]% flowstat -3
flowstat: unrecognized option '-3'
usage: flowstat [-r | -t] [-i interval] [-l link] [flow]
       flowstat [-A] [-i interval] [-p] [ -o field[,...]]
                [-u R|K|M|G|T|P] [-l link] [flow]
       flowstat -h [-a] [-d] [-F format] [-s <DD/MM/YYYY,HH:MM:SS>]
                [-e <DD/MM/YYYY,HH:MM:SS>] -f <logfile> [<flow>]
bloody(cmd/flowadm)[1]%

Just so you can see the usage string.