[OmniOS-discuss] Backup script (one local, multiple remote snapshots)

Matej Žerovnik matej at zunaj.si
Sat Jan 21 13:33:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

I would like to implement backup for one of my servers with zfs send/recv. My scenario would be the following:

For each dataset:
- keep one daily snapshot on src server
- copy daily snapshot from src server to backup server
- on backup server, I would like to have one daily, one weekly and one monthly snapshots

I checked out some ZFS backup scripts I found on GitHub, but non of them did that I wanted (znapzend came close, but it keeps too many snapshots for my case)

Does anyone has anything like that implementented? If yes, would be willing to share?

Thanks, Matej