[OmniOS-discuss] Backup script (one local, multiple remote snapshots)

Matej Žerovnik matej at zunaj.si
Mon Jan 23 13:14:26 UTC 2017

Hey there,

how come I didn’t find this earlier:)

It does look good after initial testing. I like the option of saving datasets and zvols to files instead of zvol on dst system. Better space usage.

Is it possible to run multiple instances of agents on one server? Currently I can transfer up to cca 200MB/s with aes128-gcm at openssh.com <mailto:aes128-gcm at openssh.com> cipher and a single connection. I tried running multiple SSH connections to backup multiple datasets and I can get up to around 600MB/s. Is there a way for running multiple instances, each instance taking care of its own pool for instance.

Matej