[OmniOS-discuss] Fwd: Install on Supermicro DOM=low space left

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Thu Jan 26 11:38:27 UTC 2017

> NAME         USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
> rpool/dump  41.5G  9.15G  41.5G  -
> rpool/swap  4.13G  13.0G   276M  -

The "dump" volume is much too big.  Do a

  dumpadm -e

This will print the "estimated" dump size.  Then add a bit, and
set the new dump volume size with:

  zfs set volsize=<new size> rpool/dump

For example, on my OmniOS file server:

# dumpadm -e
Estimated dump size: 4.63G

# zfs set volsize=6G rpool/dump

# zfs list rpool/dump
NAME         USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
rpool/dump  6.00G  24.1G  6.00G  -

> I did not changed anything during instalation proccess, I've just
> accepted all defaults

Yes.  The "traditional" installation usually sizes dump too big.
That is why I asked. :-)

Hope this helps -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"