[OmniOS-discuss] issue importing zpool on S11.1 from omniOS LUNs

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Sat Jan 28 08:34:16 UTC 2017

Hi Richard,

Am 26.01.17 um 20:18 schrieb Richard Elling:

>> On Jan 26, 2017, at 12:20 AM, Stephan Budach <stephan.budach at JVM.DE
>> <mailto:stephan.budach at jvm.de>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> gotcha… read on, below…
>
> "thin provisioning" bit you. For "thick provisioning" you’ll have a
> refreservation and/or reservation.
>  — richard
yes, it was… Now, yesterday I was able to shove in three new Supermicro
storage servers. Since I wanted to re-setup that whole zpool anyway, I
thought it would be enough just to provide a big enough LUNs (22TB) to
the currently exhausted zpool. This 22TB LUN is provided from the new
systems via iSCSI.

When I tried to add that LUN as a new vdev to the pool, zpool naturally
complained about the replication mismatch. Is it safe to do that anyway?
I mean, the backing zpool of that LUN is also made up from 2 raidz-1 and
I wanted to avoid actual triple-double redundancy… I will have to
overhaul the whole setup anyway…

Thanks,
Stephan