[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151022 is now out!

Ian Kaufman ikaufman at eng.ucsd.edu
Fri May 12 21:15:44 UTC 2017

Hmmm, having trouble going from 14 to 22. I cannot migrate to OpenSSH -

root at hiperq-data:/root# /usr/bin/pkg install --no-backup-be --reject
pkg:/network/ssh --reject pkg:/network/ssh/ssh-key --reject
pkg:/service/network/ssh --reject pkg:/service/network/ssh-common
pkg:/network/openssh pkg:/network/openssh-server
Creating Plan (Solver setup): \
pkg install: No matching version of network/openssh can be installed:
  Reject:  pkg://omnios/network/openssh@7.4.1,5.11-0.151022:20170511T001844Z
  Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency pkg:/library/security/
openssl at 1.0.2.11,5.11-0.151022 are rejected
    Reject:  pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.2.11
,5.11-0.151022:20170510T232316Z
    Reason:  This version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11
,5.11-0.151014:20161221T194806Z
No matching version of network/openssh-server can be installed:
  Reject:  pkg://omnios/network/openssh-server@7.4.1
,5.11-0.151022:20170511T001853Z
  Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/SUNWcs at 0.5.11,5.11-0.151022
are rejected
    Reject:  pkg://omnios/SUNWcs@0.5.11,5.11-0.151022:20170510T212740Z
    Reason:  This version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://omnios/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11
,5.11-0.151014:20170301T162824Z
             This version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/illumos-gate@11
,5.11-0.151014:20160804T060038Z

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> As always, please start with the release notes:
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151022
>
> And for this release, there are upgrade notes:
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151022
>
> This is an LTS and Stable update.  Highlights include:
>
> - BSD Loader is now available.  This has its own wiki page, including how
> to stick with GRUB if you think you need to.
>
> - Kayak Interactive Installer --> No more Caiman, no more F-keys & curses,
> and no-more hacking timezone names.  Also, one less repo to maintain for
> OmniOS. Kayak does it all now.
>
> - Python is now 2.7. This means an IPS/pkg(5) update too. There's a
> subtle, but noteworthy, update to linked-image semantics ("pkg update -r")
> AND upgrading non-linked-image "ipkg" zones is a bit more difficult due to
> the transition (chicken & egg problem with ipkg brand "attach").
>
> - Perl is now 5.24.1.
>
> - USB 3.0 support.
>
> With OmniTI withdrawing funding for OmniOS-as-product, this will be the
> last OmniTI-pushed "release" of OmniOS. It contains all of the most recent
> (as of May) illumos-gate changes, AND illumos-joyent LX brand changes.
>
> This release broke the 6-month cadence, due to Loader, Python2.7, and the
> need for Kayak to take over ALL installation duties.  I'm sorry for it
> being 1-2 months late, but I wanted to make sure these changes were
> comfortably in place during the 021 bloody.
>
> Because of the sheer volume of change in this release, I had to update
> many OmniOS wiki pages.  Here's a list of all of those I changed
> nontrivially due to r151022.  Please check them out to make sure I'm not
> missing anything...
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151022
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Installation
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/LXZones
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151022
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/NewLinkedImages
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/linked_images
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/KayakInteractive
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/BSDLoader
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseCycle
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Packaging
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/WikiStart
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/BuildInstructions
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Maintainers
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/illumos-tools
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/buildctl
>
>         https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseMedia
>
> I'll have more to say about my departure from OmniTI in a distinct e-mail.
>
> Thanks, and happy upgrading!
> Dan

Ian Kaufman
Research Systems Administrator
UC San Diego, Jacobs School of Engineering ikaufman AT ucsd DOT edu