[OmniOS-discuss] Pull request?

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Thu May 25 20:51:18 UTC 2017

Hello all!

As I pointed out in March, the package service/network/ntp is broken.
Back then, I was told to submit a pull request.  Even though I find it
a bit much to deal with setting up all that infrastrucure at Github
for 14 characters (" overlay=allow") in an IPS manifest, I guess it
is a given that further OmniOS development happens in Github, so there
is no way around it.

Assuming I do have a pull request, what would happen then?  Would
someone be willing and able to accept it?  Would the fix have to go
into Bloody first?  Would there be an eventual update to 022 at some
later date?  Who would build and sign the package and roll it out
into the repository?

Thanks -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"