[OmniOS-discuss] Fix for no UUID in Kayak-installed BE?

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri May 26 07:05:27 UTC 2017

Hi Dan!

> Given the "uuidgen" binary has WAY too many libraries, and the uniqueness of
> the UUID doesn't need to be super-special for the installed BE, I put
> together this patch using the existing miniroot tools:

BTW your generated UUIDs do not comply with RFC 4122 section 4.4. :-)

I have thought a bit more about this.  We have just installed an entire
operating system, and it's just sitting there in /mnt.  Why can't we
just do a

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/lib:/mnt/usr/lib /mnt/usr/bin/uuidgen ...

?

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"