[OmniOS-discuss] Slow NFS writes in 151026

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Fri Aug 24 00:33:43 UTC 2018

Evil tuning here:

https://www.solaris-cookbook.eu/solaris/solaris-10-zfs-evil-tuning-guide/

It's at the bottom. Where it says "Disabling the ZIL (Don't)"

I could see a lack of TRIM/erase support in background as a strong
possibility caused by continuous use of blocks from the L2ARC over time.

Are you getting a high hit rate on your L2arc?

http://blog.harschsystems.com/2010/09/08/arcstat-pl-updated-for-l2arc-statistics/

If not, you might think about just dropping it all together and then

This, as old as it is, may not be accurate, but it doesn't give me high
confidence that Trim support was added to illumos. Maybe it was and
somebody else can chime in:

http://open-zfs.org/wiki/Features

zpool iostat -v <pool> may also be interesting for the l2arc/zil devices